It only takes 10 simple questions to rid your life of clutter, but sometimes it is hard to admit that clutter is ruling our lives or it’s impossible see life beyond clutter.
There comes a point when we say enough is enough, I am tired of wasting my valuable time searching for stuff, moving piles around but never actually removing the clutter from our homes and lives.
Time to fess up and answer 10 simple questions will help to see life beyond the clutter and rid your life of unwanted and unnecessary STUFF!
I am serious when I say it is time to be a little selfish, remember this is your clutter and you get to make the decisions of what stays and what goes.
In this instance don’t be tempered to ask a friend for help, with all good intentions you may find you are dumping things you really love and holding onto things you would rather let go.
Don’t rush this, allow yourself time to answer these questions, and give yourself permission to day dream and paint a picture of life beyond the clutter.
Give it a try and be really honest about what you want, not what others think you should hold onto and what you should let go.
Grab a pen and paper and answer these questions. Be brave and write the first thing that pops into your mind, they are usual the most honest.
- What area/space do I want to transform?
- What will my space or life look like without clutter?
- What will I use this new space for?
- What will I do in my decluttered life?
- What was my OMG!!!! moment that made it easy to let go?
- How will I spend a decluttered day?
- How will I maintain my beautiful new space?
- When will I start?
- When will I finish?
- How will I reward myself?
How did you go?
To help you here are few more tips guaranteed to help you rid your life of clutter
- Only organise one space at a time!!!
- Take before and after photos
- Acknowledge and reward your efforts
- Learn how to say “no thank you” to stuff
- Use the D word- Delgate.
- Grab a copy of STUFF OFF!
- Believe in yourself, because life is too short to be looking for STUFF!
The 10R’s© Rethink-Responsible-Refuse-Repurpose-Reorganise-Repair-Reduce-Reuse-Recycle-Reward