How to become mates with waste & live well with less stuff-The 10R’s©
August 13 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Waste only becomes waste when we throw it away.
Did you know almost 99% of what we buy we throw away in 6 weeks. Isn’t that a waste!
Join our first Facebook Live event learn
- How to identify common types of waste
- How to understand plastic and refuse the greenwashing
- How to become mates with waste-The 10R’s
- How to responsibly dispose of waste to live well with less
Reducing waste reduces our carbon footprint but it does not mean going without the things we love, need and want, through mindfully consumption and being aware of the providence of the goods, we can make a difference. The simple act of saying NO THANK YOU and refusing waste or stuff that does not add value to our live makes the world of difference.
Tanya will share her tips to help you reduce waste.
“Reading labels is a great place to start, also asking corporations about their social and environmental responsibility, with questions such as
- What is the recycled content of your product?
- Where is your product recycled?
- Is your product made from locally sourced materials?
- Is it easy to source spare parts should I need to repair the product?
- Why is the product over packaged?” says Tanya
Motivational speaker, coach, author and founder Eco Organiser®, Tanya Lewis helps simplify life in an eco-friendly way. Participants are encouraged to rethink the norm and learn that being eco organised does not cost the earth.
The impact of over consumption on the environment, personal finances, and peace of mind are some of the many issues Tanya covers while showing how easy it is to become better organised and the benefits to stay that way. Armed with practical ideas, tips and by following the 10R’s© participants are rewarded with more time and less waste
The 10R’s© Rethink Responsible Refuse Repurpose Reorganise Repair Reduce Reuse Recycle Reward