Recycling and practicing responsible disposal are two of the simplest things we can do to reduce our impact on the environment. For example, recycling six aluminium cans saves enough energy to offset a 10km car trip.
To make your decluttering project easier and help divert waste from landfill, we are constantly looking for ways to recycle our unwanted stuff within Australia and other points around the globe. We want to help you save time, energy and help protect our environment. We welcome your contributions, please email us your hot recycling points, and watch this space for frequent updates. Check out Eco Organiser video tips to declutter, eco organise and reduce waste.
Not everything needs to be recycled, somethings can be responsibly donated, by donating we are extending the life of an item, which reduces embodied energy and helps people in need
- Dress for Success Worldwide promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women.
- Fitted for Work: Fitted for Work is a service committed to helping long term unemployed and disadvantaged women obtain work, maintain employment and ultimately achieve financial independence.
- SCR Group (Southern Cross Recycling) provides convenient community recycling banks for 24hr drop-off of clothing, household goods and e-waste for reuse and recycling. The goods collected create jobs for local Australian Disability Enterprises, save valuable resources from landfill, and provide affordable clothing and jobs for local and global communities.
- Uplift Program: Since 2005, Uplift, with assistance from Intimo and Rotary Australia World Community Service, have sent over a million bras wherever women have requested them, including Fiji, PNG, Vanuatu, Cook Islands, Tonga, Solomon Islands, Philippines, Bali, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Botswana, Uganda and Pakistan, the Northern Territory and the Kimberley regions in Australia.
- Wear for Success support people in what can often be a long and difficult search for employment, by providing professional attire and work related training
- Recycling Near You: On this site you can search for information about the recycling and waste services offered by your council.
- Recycling Near You: Ink Cartridges
- Garage Sale Trail One big day of simultaneous garage sales around the country, Garage Sale Trail is a fun and social way to promote reuse, reduce, waste to landfill, build communities and enable fundraising. Eco Organiser is proud to be an Ambassador for Garage Sale Trail 2015 & 2016. National Ambassador 2017
- The Return Unwanted Medicines project is a federal government funded initiative that provides all Australians with a free and convenient way to dispose of unwanted and expired household medicines by returning them to their local pharmacy.
- Terracycle Offers a range of free programs that are funded by conscientious companies, as well as recycling solutions available for purchase for almost every form of waste. Beauty products, Cleaner packaging, Oral Care packaging, Coffee capsules, Kids pouch and snacks,L’Occitane, Mailing satchels and much more
- iFixt The free repair guide for everything, written by everyone.
- Baptist Care Winter appeal, domestic violence supported accommodation
- Boots for All Exist to break down barriers to sport participation & strengthen communities by collecting & distributing quality, new & near-new sports equipment to vulnerable Australians. donate sports equipment & sports apparel
- Brotherhood of St Lawrence Used Books online bookstore , buy of donate quality books
- Children of Hoarders
- Eastern Emergency Relief Network: The core objective of EERN is to make available furniture and other household essentials & non perishable parcels as emergency aid to those in need.
- EcoActiv solutions cover product stewardship operations and recycling services for e-waste, batteries, globes, mobiles and other problem wastes.
- Footpath Library The Footpath Library aims to enrich the quality of life for homeless people, encourage literacy and promote a society that is well informed about homelessness.
- Habitat for Humanity: Building Homes, Building Community, Building Hope
- Institute for Challenging Disorganization
- Australian Men’s Shed The Australian Men’s Shed Association (AMSA) is the peak body supporting almost 1000 Men’s Sheds and is recognised as one of Australia’s largest male based community development organisations.
- Quantum Technical Services: Recycle X Rays
- For all your recycled art materials
- Resource Coop Tasmania : Accepts mosts unwanted household items (furniture clothes, e-waste, toys books)
- Reverse Art Truck
Re-use, Recycle, Revive, Re-invent, Revamp, Renew and Reduce! Reverse Art Truck Inc. (formerly Reverse Garbage Truck Inc.) is a non profit organisation that has been in operation for over 30 years. We collect rejects, seconds and factory offcuts for distribution to schools, early learning centres and the community.
- SALVOS Help the environment and your community by donating your quality used clothing, furniture and home wares to Salvos Stores.
- St Kilda Mums If you have nursery equipment, clothes or toys that you no longer use, we can get it to someone who really needs it.
- Uplift Bras Organisation For women in disadvantaged communities a bra is often unobtainable or unaffordable. This project collects new and second hand bras and sends them wherever we have requests.
- Zeega: Zeega design and manufacture in Australia a range organic cotton, hemp and linen clothing.
- Ziilch: Where stuff goes free
- Drop Zone FREE nationwide recycling service for televisions, computers, printers and computer peripherals. Available to all householders, small business and schools.
- Mobile Muster The official recycling program of the Australian Mobile Phone Industry. Tips from Mobile Muster to remove your data and safely recycle your mobile phone
- TechCollect: Recycling e-waste responsibly. Free national recycling service for computers, computer accessories and TV’s (e-waste)
Eco Organise your space
Make the home you love much more comfortable to live in and enjoy much lower energy bills too! Learn how you can create a step-by-step plan to keep your winter warmth in and the summer heat out. Discover draught proofing, insulation and retrofit double glazing solutions specified and installed by thermal efficiency experts, ecoMaster.
- GreenPainters is the sustainability initiative of the National Institute of Painting and Decorating. It is the national eco- certification program for painting contractors; providing training, consumer information and skills to promote environmentally preferable coatings technology.
STUFF OFF! Practical tips, that won’t cost the earth, to rid your life of clutter
- What You Eat Cafe- Bright
- Also available at the following libraries- Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Niddrie Library, Victoria
New Zealand Recycling Website
Recycling in the UK
Recycling in Scotland
Recycling in the U.S.A
Recycling in Singapore
To find out how we can help you get organised and save your environment, call 0448 877 902, or email Tanya@ecoorganiser.com.au.