Recycling and practicing responsible disposal are two of the simplest things we can do to reduce our impact on the environment. For example, recycling six aluminium cans saves enough energy to offset a 10km car trip.
To make your decluttering project easier and help divert waste from landfill, we are constantly looking for ways to recycle our unwanted stuff within Australia and other points around the globe. We want to help you save time, energy and help protect our environment. We welcome your contributions, please email us your hot recycling points, and watch this space for frequent updates. Check out Eco Organiser video tips to declutter, eco organise and reduce waste.
Not everything needs to be recycled, somethings can be responsibly donated, by donating we are extending the life of an item, which reduces embodied energy and helps people in need
- Australian Men’s Shed The Australian Men’s Shed Association (AMSA) is the peak body supporting almost 1000 Men’s Sheds and is recognised as one of Australia’s largest male based community development organisations.
- Baptist Care Winter appeal, domestic violence supported accommodation.
- Brotherhood of St Lawrence Used Books online bookstore , buy of donate quality books
- EcoActiv solutions cover product stewardship operations and recycling services for e-waste, batteries, globes, mobiles and other problem wastes.
- Fitted for Work: Fitted for Work is a service committed to helping long term unemployed and disadvantaged women obtain work, maintain employment and ultimately achieve financial independence.
- Footpath Library The Footpath Library aims to enrich the quality of life for homeless people, encourage literacy and promote a society that is well informed about homelessness.
- Garage Sale Trail One big day of simultaneous garage sales around the country, Garage Sale Trail is a fun and social way to promote reuse, reduce, waste to landfill, build communities and enable fundraising. Eco Organiser® is proud to be an Ambassador for Garage Sale Trail 2015 & 2016. National Ambassador 2017
- GIVIT Goods for Good Causes
- International Map of Tool Libraries
- iFixt The free repair guide for everything, written by everyone.
- Institute for Challenging Disorganization
- Kids Under Cover Donate Your Car® national fundraising initiative. It’s the hassle-free way to get rid of an unwanted vehicle at no cost to you, while making a valuable tax-deductible donation to help prevent youth homelessness.
- National Prison Book Program
- Paintback Paintback® is taking unwanted paint and packaging’s colourful past to a brighter future of responsible disposal and innovative reuse.
- Recycling Near You: On this site you can search for information about the recycling and waste services offered by your council.
- Recycling Near You: Ink Cartridges
- Repair Cafe Are free meeting places and they’re all about repairing things (together). In the place where a Repair Café is located, you’ll find tools and materials to help you make any repairs you need.
- SALVOS Help the environment and your community by donating your quality used clothing, furniture and home wares to Salvos Stores.
- Shoes for Planet Earth: A charity working together with local communities to provide recycled running shoes to those in need around the world.
- Street Libraries are a beautiful home for books, planted in your front yard. They are accessible from the street, and are an invitation to share the joys of reading with your neighbours.
- Sustainable Salons rescues up to 95% of salon resources from landfill and finds repurposing solutions that benefit the environment and give back to the community. Find a Sustainable Salon in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD, SA, WA or New Zealand here.
- The Return Unwanted Medicines project is a federal government funded initiative that provides all Australians with a free and convenient way to dispose of unwanted and expired household medicines by returning them to their local pharmacy.
- Terracycle Offers a range of free programs that are funded by conscientious companies, as well as recycling solutions available for purchase for almost every form of waste. Beauty products, Cleaner packaging, Oral Care packaging, Coffee capsules, Kids pouch and snacks,L’Occitane, Mailing satchels and much more.
- Uplift Bras Organisation For women in disadvantaged communities a bra is often unobtainable or affordable. This project collects new and second hand bras and sends them wherever we have requests.
- Ziilch: Where stuff goes free
- Drop Zone FREE nationwide recycling service for televisions, computers, printers and computer peripherals. Available to all householders, small business and schools.
- ERNI Are grateful for, and rely on, donations of computers and related equipment in working order or not.Selected computers are refurbished and made available to people with disabilities.
- Mobile Muster The official recycling program of the Australian Mobile Phone Industry. Tips from Mobile Muster to remove your data and safely recycle your mobile phone
- TechCollect: Recycling e-waste responsibly. Free national recycling service for computers, computer accessories and TV’s (e-waste)
New South Wales
- Animal Welfare Centre Kool gear – clam shell pools and wading pools, ice & ice blocks , bandanas – for pheromones to help relieve stress in newly arrived and long-term care animals. Cameras – Go-pro or other durable cameras for monitoring and recording day-time and overnight behaviours. Cardboard boxes, paper ream boxes, cat care items – snuggle safes, Divetelac and bottles for feeding kittens – for foster care. Collapsible dog crates – used for puppy training, and mums & bubs during kitten season. Furniture – vinyl or leather lounges – 2-seater or single seater for animal areas that are easy cleaned and disinfected.Microchip scanners, dog clicker training aids, Pheromone sprays or plug-ins – DAP for dogs, Feliway for cats. Towels and blankets – please no quilts
- Dress for Work The program provides immediate and practical support to men seeking employment. Bankstown and Westmead Sydney
- Mattress Recyclers
- Lawson’s Auctioneers and Valuers Sydney
- Sell Text Books
- Recycle whitegoods
- The Bower Reuse & Repair Centre An environmental charity and cooperative committed to stopping usable items from going to landfill. Storefronts in Marrickville and Parramatta selling second-hand furniture, appliances, household goods, salvaged building materials, bikes, books and more
- Tool Library Blue Mountains, Inner West Sydney
- Endeavour Foundation
- Give Now-Give Clothes
- Friends with dignity High demand items- sheets, linen, towels, doona insets and pillows, kitchen cutlery and crockery, laundry items, toiletries, gift vouchers for purchasing things like power boards and cords, picture hooks, curtain rods, fresh flowers and fruit for the dining room and those other little bits and pieces. To find out current requires email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tool Library- Brisbane
- Adelaide Sustainability Centre A public space and community hub, looking to connect with like-minded individuals and groups–together stepping into a sustainable future, and connecting with our environment.
- Foodbank of Tasmania Inc. is a not-for-profit, non-denominational organisation that supplies food to over 200 Tasmanian welfare agencies as well as school breakfast programs in 85 schools. Gratefully accepts food and groceries or make a financial donations.
- St Giles Toy LibraryDonations of good quality toys and games are always welcome. No soft toys thank you, for more details on joining or donating, contact:
- Save the ChildrenAccept good quality books and toys at 158 Murray St Hobart. All money raised goes to our programs in Tasmania working with young children, families and youths. They also take children’s clothing from newborn to age 12.
- Resource Coop Tasmania : Accepts mosts unwanted household items (furniture clothes, e-waste, toys books)
- Boots for All -Exist to break down barriers to sport participation & strengthen communities by collecting & distributing quality, new & near-new sports equipment to vulnerable Australians. donate sports equipment & sports apparel.
- Eastern Emergency Relief Network: The core objective of EERN is to make available furniture and other household essentials & non perishable parcels as emergency aid to those in need.
- Habitat for Humanity: Building Homes, Building Community, Building Hope
- Mums Supporting Families in Need MSFIN is a fully volunteer run organisation providing quality material aid to struggling Victorian families. Nursery essentials, clothing, footwear, Manchester, food and toiletries
- Reverse Art Truck
Re-use, Recycle, Revive, Re-invent, Revamp, Renew and Reduce! Reverse Art Truck Inc. (formerly Reverse Garbage Truck Inc.) is a non profit organisation that has been in operation for over 30 years, for all your recycled art materials
- SCR Group (Southern Cross Recycling) provides convenient community recycling banks for 24hr drop-off of clothing, household goods and e-waste for reuse and recycling. The goods collected create jobs for local Australian Disability Enterprises, save valuable resources from landfill, and provide affordable clothing and jobs for local and global communities.
- St Kilda Mums If you have nursery equipment, clothes or toys that you no longer use, we can get it to someone who really needs it.
- Tool Library Brunswick
- Wear for Success support people in what can often be a long and difficult search for employment, by providing professional attire and work related training.
- Repair Cafe Perth is an initiative based in the the Western Australian suburb of Mount Hawthorn that aims to minimise waste and strengthen our community.
Eco Organise your space
- ecoHome Retrofit Plan Learn how you can create a step-by-step plan to keep your winter warmth in and the summer heat out. Discover draught proofing, insulation and retrofit double glazing solutions specified and installed by thermal efficiency experts, ecoMaster.
- GreenPainters is the sustainability initiative of the National Institute of Painting and Decorating. It is the national eco- certification program for painting contractors; providing training, consumer information and skills to promote environmentally preferable coatings technology.
- Association of Personal Photo Organizers The Photo Organizers are professionals who help clients tell their stories with photos and videos.
- Children of Hoarders
- Dress for Success Worldwide promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women.
Recycling in Canada
Recycling in Germany
Recycling in New Zealand
Recycling in the UK
- Complete the Cycle- Inhalers
- Just Clear™ – “London and the UK’s favourite award-winning House & Property Clearance, Rubbish Removals and Waste Clearance company.” Circular Economy Initiative of the Year at the Business Green Leaders Awards 2016.Green Apple Award Silver International Green Apple Awards for Environmental Best Practice in 2017.
- Paintcare- Paint
- Recycle At Home
- Recycle Now
- Recycle Now- Medicines
- Recycle Now -Mobile Phones
- Recycle Your Gadgets for Cash
- Recycling Guide Org UK
- Recycle Ink Cartridges
- Tool Library
- Where to Recycle
- Zero Waste Near Me
Recycling in Scotland
Recycling in the U.S.A
- Consumers Guide to Electronic Recycling
- How 2 Recycle Info
- Prison Book Program
- Recycle Ink Cartridges- Every cartridge
- How to dispose of unwanted medicines
Recycling in Singapore
To find out how we can help you get organised and save your environment, call 0448 877 902, or email email@example.com