Useful links to recycling and practicing responsible disposal are two of the simplest things we can do to reduce our impact on the environment. For example, recycling six aluminium cans saves enough energy to offset a 10km car trip.
Due to COVID-19 many charities are not accepting goods, please check first and respect their current terms and conditions.
We want to help you save time, energy and help protect our environment and welcome your contributions, please email us your hot recycling resources, and watch this space for frequent updates.
- Aussie Bread Tags for Wheelchairs
- Aldi Batteries Simply drop your used household batteries into the recycling bin located in every ALDI store – (removing any packaging) – and you’re done!
- Australian Men’s Shed
- Baptist Care Winter appeal, domestic violence supported accommodation.
- Bulk Fill Directory
- Brotherhood of St Lawrence Used Books online bookstore, buy of donate quality books
- Boomerang Bags Donate fabric, thread, sewing machines, over lockers
- Ecoloads connecting customers and transporters for hard-to-ship items
- Fitted for Work: donate quality work attire to help long term unemployed and disadvantaged women obtain work
- Footpath Library encourages literacy for homeless people and promote a society that is well informed about homelessness
- GIVIT give good for good causes
- H & M Conscious Guide to fashion recycling
- International Map of Tool Libraries
- Kids Under Cover donate your car to help prevent youth homelessness
- Officeworks Recycle e-waste, printer and ink cartridges, mobile phones, batteries, pens and markers
- Paint Recycle unwanted paint and packaging
- Recycling Near You: search for information about the recycling and waste services offered by your council
- Recycling Near You: Ink Cartridges
- REDCycle makes it easy for consumers to keep plastic bags and packaging out of landfill. Do the scrunch test!
- Refugee Council of Australia The Refugee Council of Australia encourages donating goods to refugees or people seeking asylum.
- Repair Cafe Are free meeting places all about repairing things (together).
- Sell Uni Text Books
- Share the Dignity collects thousands of pads, tampons and personal hygiene products every year for women experiencing homelessness and poverty.
- Share Waste Connect people who wish to recycle their kitchen scraps with their neighbours who are already composting, worm-farming or keep chickens
- Shoes for Planet Earth: provide recycled running shoes to those in need around the world
- Soft Landing Mattress recycling- ACT, N.S.W, WA and Victoria
- Street Libraries
- Sustainable Salons rescues up to 95% of salon resources from landfill. Find a Sustainable Salon here.
- The Return Unwanted Medicines a free and convenient way to dispose of unwanted and expired household medicines by returning them to their local pharmacy
- Terracycle Offers a range of free programs that are funded by conscientious companies, as well as recycling solutions available for purchase for almost every form of waste. Beauty products, Bread Bag Closures, Cleaner packaging, Oral Care packaging, Coffee Capsules, Coffee pods, Contact Lenses, L’Occitane, Pens and much more.
- Uplift Bras Organisation For women in disadvantaged communities a bra is often unobtainable or affordable
- Women’s Federation for World Peace accepts quality sewing machines and quality primary or secondary aged books to start libraries in Pacific Island schools
- Ziilch: Where stuff goes free
- Drop Zone nationwide recycling service for televisions, computers, printers and computer peripherals. Available to all householders, small business and schools
- ERNI Are grateful for, and rely on, donations of computers and related equipment in working order or not. Selected computers are refurbished and made available to people with disabilities
- Mobile Muster The official recycling program of the Australian Mobile Phone Industry
- TechCollect: Recycling e-waste responsibly. Free national recycling service for computers, computer accessories and TV’s (e-waste)
- Fashion Trade Country Road with Australian Red Cross give clothes a new life
- SCR Group manage over 1,500 clothing and shoe drop-off hubs around Australia (excluding Tasmania and NT).
- Upparel Clothing collection service, offering our community the chance to return their old clothes and shoes without leaving home
New South Wales
- Animal Welfare Centre Kool gear, clam shell pools, wading pools, ice & ice blocks , bandanas , cameras – Go-pro, cardboard boxes, towels and blankets, just to name a few – please no quilts
- Generous and Grateful help people rebuild their lives. Donate selected whitegoods and household furniture
- Dress for Work practical support to men seeking employment. Bankstown and Westmead Sydney
- Mattress Recyclers
- Lawson’s Auctioneers and Valuers Sydney
- Sell Text Books
- The Bower Reuse & Repair Centre sell second-hand furniture, appliances, household goods, salvaged building materials, bikes
- Tool Library Blue Mountains, Inner West Sydney
- Whitegoods- Donate or Recycle
- Endeavour Foundation
- Give Now-Give Clothes
- Friends with dignity sheets, linen, towels, doona insets & pillows, kitchen cutlery, crockery, laundry items, toiletries
- Mr Mattress Recyclers Gold Coast, Brisbane
- RizeUp supporting the many families affected by domestic and family violence
- Brisbane Tool Library
- Bikes for Refugees
- Books Rotary Book Exchange
- EESSA Inc early education services to engage children, families and educators in sustainability
- Hutt St Centre Quality clothing and footwear, blankets or other small household items. Please ring to confirm (08) 8418 2500
- Musical Instruments
Recycle Right To make sure you Recycle Right®, simply enter your suburb and the item description
- Recycle Batteries
- Recycle E Waste
- Sports Shoe
- Treasure Boxes Giving goods to kids in need
- EPA Recycling Directory
- Foodbank of Tasmania Inc. Gratefully accepts food and groceries or make a financial donations.
- St Giles Toy Library Donations of good quality toys and games are always welcome. No soft toys thank you
- Save the Children Accept good quality books and toys
- Resource Coop Tasmania : Accepts most unwanted household items (furniture clothes, e-waste, toys books)
- Brunswick Tool Library
- Sporting shoes
- Eastern Emergency Relief Network: furniture, household essentials & non perishable parcels as emergency aid to those in need
- Habitat for Humanity: Furniture, building supplies
- Maroondah Hoarding and Squalor Network
- Mums Supporting Families in Need Nursery essentials, clothing, footwear, Manchester, food and toiletries
- Reverse Art Truck recycled art materials
- SCR Group (Southern Cross Recycling) 24hr drop-off of clothing, household goods & e-waste
- St Kilda Mums nursery equipment, clothes or toys
- Wear for Success professional attire
Sustainable Home Ideas
- ecoHome Retrofit Plan Discover draught proofing, insulation and retrofit double glazing solutions
- GreenPainters is the sustainability initiative of the National Institute of Painting and Decorating.
- Children of Hoarders
- Boomerang Bags
- Dress for Success Worldwide
- Freecycle giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns and neighborhoods.
- Hoarding Home Solutions is on a mission to provide practical, affordable, easily accessible, online training that empowers people to work effectively with confidence and compassion to resolve a hoarding situation.
- iFixt The free repair guide for everything, written by everyone.
- Institute for Challenging Disorganization
- Terracycle Beauty products, Cleaner packaging, Oral Care packaging, Coffee capsules, Kids pouch and snacks, L’Occitane, Mailing satchels tooth brushes, bread tags and much more
- Aluminium Foil
- Books Give a Book Projects for Prisons
- We Buy Books
- Bread Bags
- Cars Breast Cancer World Animal Protection Org UK
- Complete the Cycle- Inhalers
- Domestic Homewares and Furnishes
- Dental Equipment donate
- European Recycling Platform WEEE
- Trussell Trust food bank aim is to end hunger and poverty in the UK.
- Football Boots
- Golf Clubs donate
- Ink cartridges
- Jewellery donate
- Just Clear™
- Kitchen donate
- Knitting Machine donate
- Lawns Mowers donate
- Light globes
- Mobile Phones
- Nappies donate
- Old Textbooks donate
- Paintcare- Paint
- Prosthetic Limbs
- Recycle At Home
- Recycling in the UK by County
- Recycle Now- Medicines
- Recycle Now -Mobile Phones
- Recycle Your Gadgets for Cash
- Recycling Guide Org UK
- Recycle Ink Cartridges
- Repair Café
- Shelter accept good quality second-hand items
- Tool Library
- Wandsworth Oasis s a local charity raising money for people living with HIV
- Where to Recycle
- Women’s Aid
- Xbox and Games donate
- Yoga Mats
- Zero Waste Near Me
- Consumers Guide to Electronic Recycling
- How 2 Recycle Info
- Humble Design Furnishing homes for families transitioning from homelessness
- Mattress Recycling Council
- Prison Book Program
- Recycle Ink Cartridges- Every cartridge
- How to dispose of unwanted medicines
To find out how we can help you get organised and save your environment, call 0448 877 902, or email email@example.com