Does clutter affect the way you live and rob you of time and space? Discover how to reduce and reuse clutter to create a clutter free home.
When we integrate the 3 R’s–Reduce-Reuse & Recycle into our everyday life we start to reduce clutter in your home, office and enjoy the benefits of more time and space to live the life you want.
1.Just by saying no thank to free things reduces the amount of clutter coming into our space.
2. Say no to the free pens and bags offered at functions, trade shows and conferences
3. Rethink and ask yourself how many pens do I really need?
4. Will I ever use that corporate bag?
5. Stop junk mail cluttering your home, by adding a no junk mail sticker to your letter box
6. Refuse e newsletters that are not relevant to your goals or vision
7. Only print out what you truly need
8. Purchase items loose rather than packaged. Why pay for packaging when you are only going to throw it away?
Remember recycling comes with its own carbon footprint
Have fun with the children or grandchildren and discover ways to reuse disposable, throw away items
9. Choose refillable products over disposables such as pens, calico bags and baskets
10. Reuse glass jars for storing food
11. Ask office suppliers if they refill ink cartridges
12. Create a system to reuse the cloth carry bag rather than buying more
13. Reduce paper consumption by relabeling large post packs and reuse
14. Make note pads out of waste paper
15. Use ceramic cups instead of disposable ones
16. Join the library and borrow books and magazines which reuses resources over and over again
It still takes energy to recycle unwanted items, it is called embodied energy. By doing our bit at home we are reducing the amount we send to recycle centers
17. Look for ways to recycle at in house rather than relying on the wheelie bin
18. Research your local council for recycling centers
19. Research what you can and can’t recycle
20. Share magazines with neighbors and friends before recycling
For more tips on how to reduce, reuse and recycle check out our book Ethically Declutter Your Home in 30 Days
The 10R’s © Rethink-Responsible-Refuse-Repurpose-Reorgansie-Repair-Reduce-Reuse-Recycle-Reward