I know we all get caught up in the everyday stuff and take things for granted. Living in the fast lane and rarely stopping to rethink and be grateful for the simple yet important things. After a few challenges and hurdles in my own life it was time to reflect things I should never take for granted.
Sixty days ago I started my gratitude journal, it was time to slow down and reflect on each day rather than rush through it. Time to take time to acknowledge the good and sometimes bad things that happened in my day. I can honestly say the effect of simply slowing down and writing in my journal each night, has on me is quiet amazing.
Simply stopping to give thanks for the simple things puts all that other stuff into perspective, so many of the “big things” just don’t mean that much anymore. I am going to share with you 20 things that I am grateful for and should never take for granted.
- A great cup of coffee ( thanks to Pat my local barista extraordinary)
- Sunny days ( so my tomatoes will ripen)
- Rainy days ( to top up the tanks)
- A pot of tea ( just because)
- New undies (yes decluttered my drawers)
- Freedom of speech
- Fresh Air
- Clean water
- Walks with someone I love
- ME time
- Solo dancing ( the best feeling)
- A belly laugh
- Cuddles, hugs and kisses
- Brave enough to ask for help and advice
- Good health
- Find extra cupboard space
- Catching up with real people
- Space to think
- Creating a vision board
Life should never about the STUFF we fill out homes with, it’s about all the little things that make us feel grateful to be alive.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I trust you give yourself permission to stop and be grateful?
Do you give yourself space to think?
Why not try your own grateful journal, I mean what do you have to lose!
The 10R’s© Rethink-Responsible-Refuse-Repurpose-Reorganise-RepairReduce-Reuse-Recycle-Reward