Would you like to repair stuff rather than throwing it out?
Australia’s consumer affairs ministers have agreed to consider laws boosting people’s ability to repair their phones and other electronic goods, rather than send them to the dump. ABC News
But what about everyday stuff, for your everyday household repairs there are a few tools to throw in the tool box. Continue reading
Sydney are you drowning in clutter and stuff, is it time to declutter and simplify life?
- How much time do you waste looking for the keys, phone, purse just to get out the door on time?
- Does the car live on the street because there is no room in the garage, simply because there is too much STUFF
- Do you struggle to pay bills on time, because you are drowning in a sea of paper?
- Do you struggle to find a little ME time or are you always busy doing STUFF?
Imagine a life without the clutter
- There is less housework
- Things have a “home” making it easy to find when you want them
- Your bills are paid on time saving you money because you have a system of dealing with them
- Finally there is more time to do the things you want.
What would you do with more time in your day?
To book click here
Join our free fun, interactive workshop and learn
- How to identify your clutter
- How easy it is to declutter
- How to eco organise
- How to refuse clutter
- How to identify treasures
- How to let go of clutter
- How to sort, organise every room in your house, without costing the earth
- How to reduce clutter and divert waste from landfill
- How to maintain a clutter free space so you can live the life you want
- You will leave with a better understanding of what your clutter is, and how to responsibly dispose of unwanted stuff
- Come along and discover how easy it is to reduce, reuse, recycle and reward yourself with a simpler life
Tanya Lewis Professional Eco Organiser®, Waste Coach, Author of STUFF OFF! Blogger, Interior Designer and visionary believes that being organised won’t cost the earth
Join us for this fun workshop to help your declutter and simplify life without costing the Earth.
To pre order your signed copy of STUFF OFF! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Because life really is too short to be looking for STUFF!
Repair it, don’t hoard it!
In 2012 I stumbled across an article in the New York Times advocating to repair items before landfill. The Repair Café Foundation (now Repair Cafe International Foundation (RCIF), was founded by an ex-journalist Martine Postma in the Netherlands in 2011 to enable people to come together to provide a free service to their community to help repair and therefore, to extend the life of products that would otherwise end up as waste.
Since then the ground swell has been encouraging with Repair Cafes popping up in many countries, cities and rural communities, repairing everything from electrical items, picture frames, book binding to clothing repairs. Continue reading
With International Repair Day on the 20th October, and you want to stop throwing stuff out that can be fixed if you had the tools; the question is what do you need in your repair kit or tool box?
Having a simple repair kit at hand saves time and money and when you have taught yourself how to fix something you feel like you can take on the world.
In this era of designed obsolesce and throwaway mentality a simple repair kit can extend the life of stuff we would normally throw away.
The Perfect Divorce Gift Continue reading