In our busy lives, who has time to waste looking for things we need and want, standing in your kitchen look around and list 5 things in your kitchen that save time
List 5 things in your kitchen that waste time
See it, say it action it
Now that you have identified the things cluttering your space as time wasters, this is the year to let go of things that stop you from living the life you want. Invest 10 minutes per day to declutter one shelf, drawer or cupboard and let go of the things that no longer warrant space in your lives, and start to regain control over your home.
Why is Eco Organising Good for the Planet?
When we start to identify the things we need, use and importantly we stop adding unnecessary stuff to our homes, it not only saves time and money, it’s good for our planet too,
Everything we bring into our space comes with a carbon footprint, it takes energy to manufacture things. As a professional Eco Organiser® the common items I see cluttering kitchens are glasses, kitchen gadgets to chop, dice and shred; pots, pans, cook books and platters just to name a few .
Is it important to only give away or donate things in good condition, we don’t want to be passing rubbish onto someone else. But what can we do with this stuff, you ask?
- Give to someone setting up home-student, setting up home after a divorce, rebuilding life after a robbery or natural disaster
- Refugee centers will take certain items, always best to ask first
- Women refugee centers and emergency accommodation centers often look for items
- Charity shops
- Freecycle, Ziilch, Givit, Buy Swap and Sell groups is another option, no money is exchanged, things are either given away or swapped
- Antique dealers for heirloom items
- Market stall, car boot sale, garage sale
- Gift it to someone that has always admired it or enjoyed it
- For more links and ideas to reduce waste responsibly dispose of unwanted stuff visit Eco Organiser® Useful Links
The 10R’s© Rethink Responsible Refuse Repurpose Reorganise Repair Reduce Reuse Recycle Reward
Photos by Beck Adler